Planning a wedding can be a daunting task, but when it comes to the reception,…
Choosing the perfect song for your first dance as a couple can be both exciting and challenging. The song you select should reflect your personalities and emotions. It should also be meaningful to both of you. While the classics like “Amazed” by Lonestar and “Unchained Melody” by The Righteous Brothers are timeless options, we’ve put together a list of top first dance and alternative first dance songs to make your decision a bit easier.
Top First Dance Songs:
1. “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran – This song has become a popular choice among couples due to its romantic lyrics and soft melodies.
2. “Can’t Help Falling in Love” by Elvis Presley – This classic will make your first dance timeless and memorable.
3. “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri – This song is a popular choice among couples as it encapsulates the idea of eternal love.
4. “The Way You Look Tonight” by Frank Sinatra – This song is a romantic ballad that is perfect for a classic first dance.
5. “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” by Aerosmith – This song is a powerful and emotional ballad that has been used in many romantic moments on-screen.
Alternative First Dance Songs:
1. “You Are the Best Thing” by Ray LaMontagne – This song is a lively and joyful choice for couples who want to start their marriage with a fun and positive energy.
2. “L-O-V-E” by Nat King Cole – This up-tempo jazzy number is perfect for couples looking for something playful and energetic.
3. “Marry Me” by Train – This song is a great choice for couples who want to make a statement with their first dance, as the lyrics speak of the excitement and eagerness to get married.
4. “You Are the Reason” by Calum Scott – This song is a romantic and emotional ballad that will tug at your heartstrings.
5. “Lovely” by Billie Eilish & Khalid – This song is a modern alternative choice with a dreamy, ethereal sound.
Choosing your first dance song can be a daunting task, but we hope these top first dance and alternative first dance songs have given you some inspiration. Remember, your first dance is a special moment that you will cherish for many years, so choose a song that resonates with you both and that you will love for decades to come.